Tis the season for Omega-3 and we wish you a merry, cheerful holiday season and a prosperous new year!
To kick off the celebrations we recommend making almond nog (recipe by Oh She Glows) that is greatly complimented by our NOT Peanut Butter & Jelly O3 Omega Smoothie from Virun, that uses our algal oil delivering 400mg/g of plant-based Omega-3 DHA.
Philip Bromley describes NOT Peanut Butter & Jelly smoothie as all natural, small batch, creamy smooth California almond butter perfectly balanced with the sweet, summery simplicity of strawberry jam - peanut free and full of yum!
Almond Nog Recipe with O3 Omega Smoothie
Yield: 6 cups
- 1/2 large avocado, pitted and frozen
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (400ml), chilled in fridge
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1/4 of a fresh lemon)
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp NOT Peanut Butter O3Omega Smoothie (see above)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1-3 tsp ground nutmeg (to taste, add gradually)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup Bourbon (optional), to taste
Directions: Pit and freeze the 1/2 of an avocado and peel and freeze the large banana prior to making this recipe. Add the liquid ingredients into a blender and blend for about 10 seconds to mix. Now add in your frozen and dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust spices and liquids if necessary. You can adapt it to how you’d like it! Makes 6 cups. Serve with a cinnamon stick (optional). Serve immediately.
Note: This will not keep long, so please make it just prior to serving and serve immediately, very cold.
Enjoy it with your whole family!